What is CapTrue?
CapTrue is software for Microsoft Windows for creating desktop screenshots in easy manner. It behaves just like your Print Screen button, but allows you to do more in a single keypress.
|Screenshot made with CapTrue||Screenshot made with another application|
- Video players window capture. Have you noticed black or purple rectangles on your screenshots made with Print Screen button? This is the place where video overlay is supposed to be. Most of screen capturing software can't deal with overlays. Want to capture your media player without any problems? CapTrue will help you.
- Capture only what you really need. You can capture entire desktop, active window or you can capture image of a specific region.
- Several output file formats. CapTrue can save your screenshot into BMP, PNG or JPG format. You can adjust quality settings for the latter.
- Clipboard is a good place for your new screenshot. You can put your captured image into it, if you like.
- Mouse cursor is also important. Optionally you can include mouse cursor into resulting image.
- Ease of use. No need to manually disable hardware acceleration in media players. Just push the button and get your screenshot instantly.
21 March 2009 - Thumbnailer 1.7 has been released. Embedding thumbnails into video files has been discontinued in this version.
05 March 2009 - Thumbnailer Lite, the set of Windows Explorer extensions for easy thumbnail embedding has been released.
04 March 2009 - CapTrue Thumbnailer has been renamed to Thumbnailer Plugin
06 January 2009 - Thumbnailer 1.6 has been released. Thumbnails are automatically assigned to video files. Download Thumbnailer 1.6